It was a big day for the Shephard family! We woke up to the most glorious weather - a beautiful 68 degrees! We drove downtown for mass at St. Edward's and then out to the West Side for breakfast at Panera Bread - yummy!

Evelyn and Daddy enjoying some yummy brunch and incredible 70 degree weather! Have we turned the corner??? Is the oppressive heat no more??? We're all keeping our fingers crossed!

Then we headed back to the house to finish organizing the front bedroom. We are in FULL NESTING MODE people. We've decided to move the baby into Evelyn's nursery and then turn our guest bedroom into Evelyn's big girl bedroom. So...guests will now be in our front bedroom which will also remain our office. Needless to say we're reorganizing every closet, corner and cranny - it's amazing how much junk you accumulate over a span of five years. I have to say I'm very proud of my pack-rat husband who is (after a few days of strict supervision) now tossing some of his "precious treasures" (read: 7 year old sales receipts and call rosters) out all on his own. We're in the final stretch of this pregnancy - only three weeks to go - so I'm anxious to get as much done as we possibly can before this little girl makes her appearance.

Evelyn found an extra flight cap of Jason's and decided it was the perfect accessory to help mommy purge and organize! She was a great little helper!

Then we went to Evelyn's first baseball game! She loved cheering and clapping along with the crowd. She even had her first ballpark hotdog! We sat out on a blanket out on the berm so she was able to run around and visit with all the other kids. On the drive home she fell asleep in the car and when Jason changed her diaper and put her pajamas on she didn't even open her eyes. She had a great time tonight!


Evelyn and her boyfriend, Owen! We met up with our good friends, Katie and James McAlevey and had a great time watching the kids share all their snacks and then of course making them hug and kiss one another. We can't help it - they're so adorable! Aren't they!?!?

Jason and Evelyn having a great time cheering on the Travelers!

"Hey Daddy!"

Being a big girl sitting in a big girl chair!



Evelyn's laugh is so contagious! We could just eat her up for every meal!



Evelyn wasn't too sure about this particular rendition...

My awesome sister, Allison, made this cute shirt for me that reads, "Does this baby make me look fat?" It was a big hit around town - got lots of laughs although no one dared tell me what they thought....and there's no need for any commentary now either. :)
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Super cute photos! And I don't think you look fat, Wen. You look properous.


  2. The Tribe Says:

    That shirt is awesome!!! I think I need to have another rat child so I can wear one. :) I love that Evie was so tired, those are the best nights for parents. You guys are SO cute!


  3. farrah Says:

    you look great- and cute shirt! make sure this baby gets one that says "does this diaper make my butt look big" -those always crack me up!

    post pics of the nursery and "big girl room" soon!

    and enjoy these last few weeks- if you can.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
    to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the fall issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=aps300 ?
    I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg
    Your aferanas :)