The girls and I made some new friends last month - woot woot! It was getting a tad dire here in the Shephard household! Chandra, Ella and Nolan have been meeting us at the base track where Chandra and I are working off those baby pounds! We load the kids up in our double Bobs and then run a few laps around the track stopping at certain points to punish ourselves with push-ups, squats, lunges and tri-cep dips...you know, all the good stuff.

There isn't better motivation than having a friend who expects you to meet her to get your butt in gear, which is EXACTLY the motivation I need.

Afterward we reward the kids with a picnic and the playground. Evelyn absolutely LOVES the slide and has discovered the thrill of going down head first!

"That was awesome."

"Let's do it again!"

What a little stud.

Ella loves the slide too!

Typically while I'm running around the track (and wondering how much longer I have before my heart flies right out of my chest) I think of any other place I would rather be and usually it's right here...I imagine this is what heaven looks like.

Little man Nolan looks pretty comfortable in his ride too.

This particular day there happened to be a puppy at the park. To say the girls were thrilled would be an understatement.

I think this puppy liked the girls too - at least how they tasted anyway.

0 Responses