Sarah Palin came to Little Rock and Jason and I were able to leave the girls at home (thank you again Geneva!) to go have dinner and hear her speak. I giggled the entire way to the event - not so much because we were going to see Sarah - but because I had actually showered, but makeup on, was wearing a dry clean only suit AND I didn't have a diaper bag with me! It was incredible. Truth be told though...about an hour and half later I was really missing my babies and excited to head back home.

It was a great night. We saw all my old friends from Governor Huckabee's office and even sat at the same table as Jason's favorite local conservative talk show host - David Elswick.

We were naughty and sneeked into an area we weren't supposed to be in but had a chance to say hello to Sarah and amazingly enough she remembered us! She even asked how my parents and sisters were doing.

This was the view from our table.


A little closer...it really was her.


THEN...as we were looking around the room we spotted a local celebrity that has national fame...

...Michelle Duggar from TLC's "19 Kids and Counting!" She and her husband, Jim Bob, were in town visiting their baby girl who is staying at Arkansas' Children's Hospital. She was very sweet and gracious enough to pose for a picture with me. Isn't she tiny???

It was a memorable night to say the least!
0 Responses